Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Scent-Free Magazines?

I received an email from Popular Mechanics. It made me realize that my husband hasn't received a single magazine since I ordered him a gift subscription over a month ago. After attempting to put my name, his name, our address and every possible combination of the three, I still can't get to the customer service page. Anyway, I did, however find this:

First of all, it looks like Hearst Communications could use me as a proofreader. And secondly, what's the purpose of a scent-free magazine? Is that a treehugger thing or am I missing something?

Update: I got a response from Popular Mechanics about the scent-free magazines and here it is: "We have many subscribers who would prefer a scent free issue due to
health reasons, therefore we offer scent free issues." That makes sense to me now. I know chemotherapy sometimes affects a person's sense of smell; it can make flowers that once smelled beautiful smell like rotting trash.

They didn't comment on whether they would hire me as a proofreader. I take that as a, You're off your rocker, lady."

No comments: