Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another Loco Update


Last Saturday morning at about 4 a.m., Loco woke me up meowing, like crazy, weird meowing. He couldn't walk. His right front paw was bent under. We couldn't afford to take him to the vet, so I called the vet and asked them if they could refill Loco's prescription from a month ago or so. They said they couldn't do that without seeing him. They did offer to just charge us a re-check fee of $35 instead of the normal $75 fee. So we took him in. The vet didn't really say much other than giving him the exact same medicine he was on before, which was a stomach medicine, steroids and an antibiotic. We left the vet after paying the $143 charge - nice, huh?

Anyway, it's now Wednesday night and he is not any better. He is still not using his paw at all and his paw is ice cold. I walked into the living room where he was laying on the couch and he was doing the strangest thing I've ever seen - flailing his front paws in the air like he was boxing something. His front paws were both fully extended and he was just batting away at the air. His head was rolled back. I've come to the realization that he was having some type of seizure. I found out some info about cats and seizures and it seems to me he might be in kidney failure. I hope I'm not right. I pray I'm not right.

(Excuse the red bucket full of water in the picture. For some odd reason he likes to think he's drinking bath water.)

No comments: