Monday, October 29, 2007

Flight Diverted After Woman Tries To Open Door

I cannot believe the passenger who helped subdue this pyscho was kicked off the plane once it was diverted. This story is weird to me. I have a feeling we're not getting all the details.

(CBS 11 NEWS / AP) DALLAS An American Airlines flight from Orlando, Fla., to Dallas-Fort Worth was diverted to Houston on Saturday night after authorities say a passenger unsuccessfully tried to open an emergency door.

Flight 1585 carried 176 passengers and six crew members. No one was injured.

Jesse Fore was flying home from a business trip and was sitting in the same row as the woman. He said he was just trying to save lives when he and three others helped subdue the woman.

"I seen myself flying out that door if she would have opened it," he said. "We all just grabbed her and kind of placed her back in the seat."

The 28-year-old engineer from Aledo said the incident started when the woman tried to make a cell phone call an hour before landing. A flight attendant confronted the woman about the call, Fore said.

"She acted as if she was going to go with them to the other place, then she immediately turned around and went for the emergency exit door," he said. "I was immediately scared for my life."

But getting involved may have gotten Fore in trouble.

A spokesman for American Airlines said Fore interfered during the incident and refused to follow instructions from the crew. He was kicked him off the plane after it was diverted to Houston and drove home in a rental car.

"I feel that I was trying to help, and that they turned their back on me," he said.

Fore said he thinks he wasn't allowed back on the plane because he criticized a flight attendant for the woman's outburst.

"They first questioned her, 'What are you doing on the phone?' The next thing I saw, the male steward actually placed his hands onto the lady. That was when she really became hysterical," he said. "I mentioned something to the stewardess, 'If you wouldn't have put your hands on her, she probably wouldn't have freaked out.'"

The unidentified woman was taken into custody in Houston.

cbs11tv.com - Flight Diverted After Woman Tries To Open Door

No comments: