Thursday, May 22, 2008

DFW Airport

My sister and her husband celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary with a tour of Europe - nice, huh? So my mother and Maddie and I go to the airport last night to pick them up. Since Maddie had never been to an airport before, I thought it might be something she enjoyed. I didn't realize you couldn't get past the baggage claim area anymore. That tells you how long it's been since I've flown anywhere (at least 10 years...sigh). So she didn't get to see any airplanes. We did see a couple of news crews there. I guess they were filming a spot about the airlines charging $15 a bag now.

We didn't see any airplanes, but what we saw a lot of that really was kind of strange to me was...drum roll, please...dogs. We saw a boxer, poodles, a guide dog lab puppy, little dogs, big dogs; people getting off the planes with dogs; people picking other people up who brought their dogs with them. I thought I was at Petsmart or something. I love dogs. Hell, I love animals.

My poor dogs got kicked out of the house before I had Maddie. In case you don't know it, I have four basset hounds. One of which is very sick. He's going to the vet today because he hasn't eaten a bowl of dog food in about a month. I've been feeding him weenies, peanut butter, cheese, brisket, ground beef - whatever he'll eat. I fed him a piece of cheese the other day and it sounded like he was chewing on a bag of potato chips. I told the vet I needed to put them on speed dial. Keep your fingers crossed that Willie's problem is something like a bad tooth or something easily fixed. Can't handle another one of my pets being sick. I've already had to take the new kitten because he was sneezing like constantly. I found out that the gray hair on his back was probably due to a fever when he was younger and that it will probably grow off and he'll be an all-black cat. Strange, huh? What's even stranger is I can't believe I wrote about all my pets under the title of DFW Airport.

No comments: