Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

Look at me trying to be Pioneer Woman. I'm far from it - with my 1960 Corning Oven that takes about 30 minutes to get water to boil and my Walmart brand canned goods and frozen pie shells.

I guess we could call this Redneck's Chicken Pot Pie.

Here we go:

You'll need all this crap:

Which is 2 Cans (15 oz.) Veg-All Original Mixed Vegetables, drained

1 Can (10 oz.) cooked chicken, drained (I use the all white meat.)

1 Can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I use the chicken because I'm not too fond of mushrooms)

1/4 tsp. thyme

salt & pepper

2 frozen pie crusts (Might I suggest splurging on a different brand of pie crusts other than Walmart brand.)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. If your oven is an ancient mother -- I mean, antique like mine, adjust the temperature so you don't set the house on fire.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.

Pour all that stuff into one of the pie crusts.

Then slap the other pie crust on top of that and smoosh around the sides. Then take a fork and try to poke some holes in the top so it can vent. I wasn't so successful at this step. It doesn't make any difference what the hell it looks like unless the freakin' queen is coming over for supper. And if she was coming over for supper, I don't imagine you'd be serving her this.

You thought I was kidding you about my oven, didn't you?

I wasn't.

Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. I forgot to say to put a cookie sheet or something underneath it while it cooks in case it bubbles over.

This is what it looks like when it comes out of the stove. It's pretty runny, so let it sit a while.

This looks horrible, but it tastes pretty damn good and it's easy.

No comments: