Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Peckerwood Garden Open Days

This place is north of Houston. The name of it cracks me up. I'm sure it's not meant to be funny. It's probably a gorgeous place. In fact, I would really like to go there. I must go there now, if only to take my husband's picture by the Peckerwood sign! He's not a peckerwood though. What does Peckerwood mean exactly?

peck·er·wood /ˈpɛkərˌwʊd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pek-er-wood] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. Midland and Southern U.S. woodpecker.
2. Southern U.S. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. poor white.
–adjective
3. Southern U.S. small or insignificant: He makes a living farming and running a peckerwood sawmill.


Well, maybe he is a peckerwood after all...no offense, sweetie!

Peckerwood Garden Open Days

No comments: