Tuesday, September 11, 2007

r u afraid of thumbtacks?


My mom sent me this email today.

Subject: r u afraid of thumbtacks?
Did you see where Childrens World (now KinderCare, I think) was accused of sticking kids in their care with thumbtacks when they misbehaved?


Back in the 70's, for some odd reason there was a couple of years there where they didn't offer kindergarten in public schools, and I had to go to a private kindergarten. And you guessed it, I went to Children's World. I'm glad that I'm now 34 years old - will be 35 day after tomorrow, but don't tell anyone - and my mom is curious to know if I have a fear of thumbtacks. Did she not see me on the Maury show with the lady who was scared of pickles? I can't believe she hasn't seen me run out of the room screaming at the top of my lungs and holding my ears and crying my eyes out when someone wants to play pin the tail on the donkey. And corkboards - don't even mention the word cork around me because you know what goes with corkboards - thumbta- -- I can't even finish the sentence. Oh, hep me lawd, please.!

No comments: