Monday, January 28, 2008

Rest In Peace, Mr. Gilfeather

I had to make a comment on this. You can read this nice man's obituary here. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gilfeather during a jury trial in Parker County. He represented a kid who was charged with DUI. Traffic stops by the Texas State Troopers are recorded on videotape. The only way I could tell that this kid, Mr. Gilfeather's client, failed any kind of tests they do during a traffic stop for DUI is the kid held one leg up longer than he was supposed to. He didn't sway. He didn't hop. He just held his leg up longer than 20 seconds or whatever it was - like 21 seconds or something. Anyway, Mr. Gilfeather won the jury trial - thank goodness.

But anyway, Mr. Gilfeather came up to me during the trial and introduced himself. We talked for a short while. I'm glad I got to meet him. He was a very nice man and seemed to be truly genuine. You don't often meet people like him. My sincere condolensces to his entire family.

No comments: