Thursday, January 31, 2008

Seven Spanish Angels

Two stories about this song and one of its artists - Willie Nelson.

One day, a long time ago, I was with an ex-boyfriend of mine and we were on our way to a deer lease or pig lease or some kind of lease and we stopped in Hamilton, Texas to eat lunch. We ate at an old place somewhere on the square there in Hamilton. While we were eating, an elderly woman slowly walked to the piano and sat down. She must have been in her 80s or older. She sat down and started playing this song on the piano. I love piano music. I will never forget that moment, seeing and hearing that lady playing that beautiful music on that piano.

My second story has to do with my grandma - Gram as she was affectionately known. I cannot think of my grandmother without tears coming to my eyes - and this really isn't a sad story. Anyway, my grandmother once ate beans and cornbread with Willie Nelson back before he hit the big time. He gave her an old 45 record that my mother still has. This was back when Willie Nelson was clean-cut - had no beard and had short hair and wore a suit and tie. Anyway, that's the end of the story.

Now, for the music...


The video is via Phil's Phun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great story.
I have always liked Willie Nelson.