Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Feel Like I'm Playing Ping Pong


So Loco jumps on the couch by me this morning. I look at his paw and it's oozing - I mean, oozing bad. I call the vet and we've decided to go ahead and do the paw amputation. The vet said she'd seen worse numbers on other cat's kidney function. I don't know what else to do. We can't have a cat running around with an oozing stump. He acts like the same old Loco other than that damn paw. If he was acting sick, like throwing up or sleeping all the time or something, I would have no problem putting him to sleep, but I just can't do that right now. He acts fine to me other than the limp. So he goes tomorrow for the amputation. If he doesn't make it through the surgery, then I know I've done everything I could for him.

(Do you like my circa 1970 panelling? I don't. Check out the mug on the shelf. My grandpa was a Pearl Harbor survivor. Can you imagine being a Pearl Harbor survivor and all you get is a lousy mug? That reminds me of those tshirts - My mom and dad went to Vegas and all I got was this lousy tshirt. My mind is twisted. Too much ping ponging going on in there lately.)

No comments: