Friday, October 19, 2007

Shorty's Birthday

Tomorrow is Shorty's 2nd birthday party. I've been cleaning this house like a mad woman. Today, I have to get stitches out of my mouth - lovely. Then we will be picking up my mother and driving to my seester's house in Weatherford. Then we're going to go get Shorty's pictures made. It's a tradition my seester started last year for Shorty's birthday.

I washed the curtains in the living room this week and totally ruined them. That's probably the reason why I had only washed them, like, once before in my life (for fear that I might ruin them.) No, I think it was just laziness on my part. Hey, at least I'm honest.

I went to Penney's to buy some new curtains and the lady that worked there tried her best to help me. I told her I didn't take measurements of the width of the curtains because I didn't know where to measure them - at the top, in the middle, or at the bottom because each of those measurements would be different. So she tells me, you measure them in the middle. I call Papa Rooster and tell him to measure the curtains in the middle. He does and says the measurement is 4 feet. The JCP lady says, there's no way. You must measure them from the top then. Papa Rooster has to call me back for that measurement because Shorty had done something that required his immediate and undivided attention (I think she opened a drawer in her bedroom or something - which, of course, to me is not the end of the world, but Papa Rooster has a hard time dealing with watching Shorty and doing any other kind of task at the same time!) He calls back and gives me the measurement and the JCP lady says, there's no way.

I proceed to tell her that I had counted the number of pleats at the top of the curtain, and could she figure out what size I needed by that. She says, sure. I tell her how many I counted and she goes in the back and brings me two packages of curtains (for the two windows that needed them). I say, Thank God, and pay for them and then get the hell out of there.

I get home, open them up and they would fit on a window in Barbie's Dream House. What the hell was this lady thinking? Anyway, I've got to take them back and get something else and I hope like hell the salesperson knows a little bit more about curtains than the last one did. This time I'm measuring the freakin curtain rods before I go. I'll try not to get cheeky with them.
(Can you tell I've been watching "How Clean Is Your House"? It's been giving me motivation to get up off my bo-bo.)

No comments: