Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Boy, Git In The Truck...

I don't know why, but I feel compelled to share this hilarious story. This happened probably about ten years ago. I was at my first husband's mother's house (yes, I've been married twice - get over it, people). Anyway, I was sitting outside smoking a cigarette (yes, I smoke- not proud of that, but get over that too). I was sitting outside smoking and my -- this is going to be very hard to explain -- my step-sister-in-law's husband comes outside along with his son who was about 9 years old at the time. We'll call the step-sister-in-law's husband Bubba. Anyway, Bubba sits down in a lawn chair across from me while his son, Bubba Junior, walks around the yard kicking at rocks or something because he's extremely bored. Bubba and I shoot the breeze for a while.

It's at this point that Bubba Junior proceeds to hop on a bicycle that belonged to my then sister-in-law's daughter who was about 5 at the time. The bicycle was, of course, bright pink. I think it even had a white basket on the front with little plastic flowers on it. There's the typical pretty shiny streamers flowing from the handlebars. So picture this 9-year-old boy riding around the driveway perched on top of this very girlie bike that is way too small for him.

Bubba Junior rides the little bike over to where his dad and I are talking. Without missing a beat, Bubba looks at Bubba Junior and says, "Boy, git in the truck. We're goin' to Wal-Mart to git you some panties." I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. I hope this isn't one of those stories where you just had to be there to think it was funny. If you could have just heard Bubba's very southern accent, you would have fell over laughing too.

No comments: