Sunday, November 18, 2007

Very Cold Thanksgiving Ahead For DFW

I'm excited about this. I don't like it being hot on Thanksgiving. I wish it would get cold and stay cold. Then in the middle of winter, I'll probably wish I didn't wish that.

From Storm troopers:

Very cold Thanksgiving in forecast

The weather service issued a hazardous-weather statement Sunday afternoon for North Texas, saying that a strong cold front will move across the area Wednesday morning. Temperatures will drop drastically, and it will be very windy (with gusts up to 30 mph). There's a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.

On Thanksgiving, it will be cold in the morning, with wind-chill readings in the mid-20s north and west of here. In the afternoon, temperatures are expected to hover in the high 40s and low 50s. For the rest of the holiday weekend, a cold rain and possibly a freeze should begin over West Texas on Friday and spread to North Texas through Sunday.

-- John Powell Metz

No comments: