Monday, August 27, 2007

You Can Tell How Fresh the Bread is By the Color of the Twist or Plastic Tab Used to Hold it Closed - Only If Your Name Is Rainman

After five years of this hanging on my fridge, I finally took it down the other day. I think I looked at it once before I went to the grocery store. By the time I got to the store, I couldn't remember what day was what color, but I do remember that most of the bread ties were brown or orange and that wasn't an option - now I know why - each bread company has its own color code. I just need to figure out Walmart's color code because that's just about the only kind I buy because it's the cheapest.

You Can Tell How Fresh the Bread is By the Color of the Twist or Plastic Tab Used to Hold it Closed-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor:
This email says that if you want to know how fresh the bread is in your grocery store, look at the tie that is holding the wrapper closed. Bread is delivered five days a week, Monday Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and the bread maker puts a different colored tie on to designate which day of the week the bread was baked:

Monday - Blue
Tuesday - Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White
Saturday - Yellow

The Truth:
According to the grocery store manager we checked with, this is true, but each bread company uses its own color code, so there isn't just one that will apply to everything on the shelf.

VIA: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/freshbread.htm

No comments: