Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bears and Trains


The video below reminded me of something funny the big rooster said while we were in Arkansas this weekend. We rode the little train up on Queen Wilhelmina mountain. It was just us three and the guy driving the train. I guess my first clue that we might be in for a wild ride was when the guy driving the train answered his cell phone, "A-1 Bail Bonds, how may I help you?" That is not a joke. I am 100% serious.

Anyway, we're riding along looking at the beautiful scenery and the guy slows the train down almost to a stop. He turns towards us and yells, "We usually see a lot of bear right down there eating. There's a berry patch down there. We had a bear here about a week ago that stayed up on top of a tree for three days; couldn't nobody get him down." With that, he turns around and continues to drive the train.

We get off the train, talk to the man a bit longer and then head on to the car. I don't know why, but nothing was said about this whole deal until we get to Morrilton, Arkansas. I asked Rooster 1, "So what were you thinking when that man mentioned seeing bears down there eating all the time?" His reply, "I was thinking, I wonder how fast this f***in' train will go." I nearly wet myself.


Bet you next time they roll their windows up.

No comments: