Tuesday, October 2, 2007

And Then They Died, by Gabe

This is a heart-wrenching story.

And Then They Died.
I gave up my chance to say goodbye.


My mother and father.

I have vague fuzzy-edged memories of them. I can only remember details of happier times spent. Just random thoughts here and there of birthdays, holidays, family outings. These aren't anything tangible, just a blur of details, images and other people’s memories of the past I’ve long unwillingly forgotten. I rely on the many carefully organized books of captured moments to tell me the story of parents I hardly remember.

Old photographs play the still frames of their lives together before the thought of me. Even older still are the snapshots of their lives alone before they became them. In each and every one, they looked young and happy with their smiling faces and shining eyes. They looked alive.

The Rest Here: thisisby.us- And Then They Died, by Gabe

Via: http://seehere.blogspot.com/

No comments: