Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Couple tie knot - 40s style


Jo Rowell and Tony Cox of Hartlepool, England were married recently in style -1940s style!

A blackout marked the beginning of the ceremony and the silence was broken by the sounds of Neville Chamberlain announcing war on Germany.

The ceremony also included the sounds of sirens and Lancaster bombers flying overhead.

Spotlights lit up a trench scene in Normandy complete with a silhouette of an American soldier going over the top and glider planes above.

Jo then made an entrance to the sound of Glenn Miller’s Moonlight Serenade and the touching ceremony went off without a hitch.

Couple tie knot - 40s style - Hartlepool Mail

Via: Neatorama

How neat is that? It dang sure beats that freaky Bridezillas episode we watched the other day where the groom, wearing a Burger King style crown, had to try a "glass slipper" on all the bridesmaids to see if it would fit - and of course, it only fit the bride. I almost threw up. I told Papa Rooster, You might need to kiss my butt a little more than you do after seeing that, seeing as we got married at the courthouse. I crack myself up sometimes. Why am I the only one laughing? I have issues, people.

No comments: