Thursday, October 4, 2007

Garden or Banana Spider? I know it's the same thing, but...


This first pic is of a scary spider. I've always called these spiders banana spiders. There was one hanging on the barn a few months ago, and it scared the you-know-what out of Papa Rooster. I told him it was a good spider because they kill wasps. He left it alone - well, after the spray paint or carbureter cleaner he sprayed at it didn't kill it. Anyway, Papa Rooster did not believe me when I told him it was called a banana spider. So the next day, he goes to work and some genius at his work tells him it's not called a banana spider, but a garden spider. Every time I say, Hey, Big Daddy, there's a banana spider. Big Daddy says, No, it's a garden spider. My reply, Whatever, Damn Yankee.


This second picture...well, I was getting a little nervous being so close to this damn thing. It might be harmless, but if it can kill a wasp, then it can scare the bejeezus out of me.


I finally grew some juevos for this picture.

No comments: