Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This is a Test - How to Get Bill Collectors to Quit Calling You

Bill collectors call my home at least five times a day, most from the same number. I also get calls from bill collectors for members of my family, ex in-laws, people I've never heard of before. I've told these people to quit calling my number, but they don't seem to speaka-da-english or maybe they're going retarded like me. But anyway, I tried something just now that I had never thought of before. The one that calls me at least five times a day just called and instead of me letting the answering machine get it, I hit the fax button on the fax machine/printer/all-in-one thingy that's sitting next to me and lo and behold, I heard the fax transmission signal going off on my answering machine. I'm hoping their computer that dials my number will think this number is a dedicated fax line and they won't call me any more. Knowing my luck, they'll start sending me faxes instead. Please, lawd, I hope it works and they never call my number again.

UPDATE: So much for my test. They just called again, but I hit the fax button again, just to piss them off.

No comments: