Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fort Worth Parents Alerted About Abduction Attempt

Okay - this scares this piss out of me because this school is in my neighborhood. Maybe they ought to check out all the registered sex offenders in the area. There's one on Lowery Road and tons more in the area which is enough to scare the crap out of you. Hey, I got an idea...let's take all the sex offenders and throw them out in the field where the coyotes were last night and let nature take its course. Would have been nice if they would have given a description of the sicko.

Fort Worth Parents Alerted About Abduction Attempt

(CBS 11 News) FORT WORTH An attempted abduction has some North Texas parents on high alert. A man tried to snatch a Fort Worth elementary school student in broad daylight while she was on her way home from school.

The 10-year-old girl told CBS 11 News that she was walking alone on a Lowery Road sidewalk when a man, on a red and black bicycle, came up and tried to attack her. "He came up to me, and uh, he pulled the back of my shirt," said student Jatacia McCallister. "He didn't say nothing, he just pulled the back of my shirt and tried to make me get on the bike."

Wednesday the principal of Lowery Road Elementary, Debra Williamson, sent a letter home with students detailing the incident. The letter stated that, 'An incident report was filed with the Fort Worth Police Department and with the Fort Worth ISD Safety and Security Department.'

Jatacia's mother, Karen McCallister, described how her daughter told her about the incident. "My daughter is in tears, she's very emotional, she's hysterical. I asked her, 'What happened?' She said, 'Mama, some man tried to rape me.' I was like, 'What do you mean rape?' She said, 'He grabbed me mama. He tried to pull me on his bike mama. He tried to take me.'"

Karen says she isn't taking any more chances and from now on will pick her daughter up from school.

According to Jatacia the man let her go when he saw other students and parents headed their way. The fifth grader said when the man let go of her she ran home.

Parent Tamela Martin told CBS 11 News that her daughter had a strange encounter with a man, fitting the description of the suspect, who persistently tried to talk to her daughter about a year and a half ago.

The Fort Worth School District has stepped up security around Lowery Elementary and had a Resource Officer out looking for the suspect Wednesday.

School administrators say officers will be patrolling the area after classes. Students are also being encouraged to walk in groups. Parents are also being encouraged to tell their children about the dangers of talking to strangers.

Williamson said, "The number one priority at Lowery Road Elementary is the safety of our students."

No comments: