Friday, October 12, 2007

Valium & Laughing Gas

I have to gripe just for a second and then I'm going to go back into my hydrocodone stupor for the rest of the night.

I had some more dental work done today. Last time I was at the dentist, he tried to pull a tooth, but the tooth broke off and he left the roots in there. So I went back today for another go round of valium and gas. The valium, I have to admit, did relax me somewhat this time. The laughing gas just freaks me the hell out.

After all was said and done (finally), I go up to the counter to make an appointment to come back in and have my stitches removed and the girl behind the counter says my total due for the day was $150-something. I looked at her like she was insane. She informs me that my freakin dental insurance does not cover sedation. Why didn't she tell me that beforehand? I had sedation the last time I was there, and I really didn't particularly care for it because I was awake the majority of the time and pretty much laughing at everything - I'm such a jackass sometimes.

Anyway, I can't believe they didn't tell me this before he started cutting on my gums. I'm really pissed but I'm not sure at this point who I'm more pissed at, the dentist or the insurance company.

To top this all off, I ask the dentist what will happen from here on out now that he's finally done slashing my gums and pulling teeth. I said, "Will you be doing the implants next time I come in after my stitches are out?" His response, "No, I haven't taken a class on that yet."

'Scuse me? Could you run that by me again? You haven't taken a class on that? Wow! I'm glad I let you rip my gums open. I hope you took a freakin' class on that, Jackass.

(I guess I should have mentioned my regular dentist, who has been my dentist for the last 20 years or so, recently retired. He turned over all his business to this new, young dentist.)

Okay...I'm done griping.

No comments: