Friday, November 30, 2007

Judge Mathis Justice

I have to tell you that I used to be obsessed with watching Judge Mathis. I always would tell Papa Rooster, I'm gonna get me some Judge Mathis justice. He cracks me up.

I haven't watched him in a while, but I started DVR'g the show and now I watch it after Shorty goes to bed. Last night I watched the episode where the guy bought an outdoor grill, among other things, from an auction at a storage building - you know, when people don't pay their storage bill and then they auction all your crap off.

Well, this guy buys this grill, opens it up while he's still at the storage facility and what does he find but a human foot. You might have read something about this story. I read a headline about it somewhere, but didn't take the time to read the whole story.

Anyway, this guy calls the police thinking that some kind of crime had occurred, and that's the reason for this foot being in this grill. The police take custody of the foot. They found out that the foot belonged to the previous owner of the grill. The police returned the foot to its rightful owner, the guy who was born with the foot. This guy had to have his foot amputated after a plane wreck. His religious beliefs are such that he should be buried whole when he dies, so he asked the doctors to save his foot. They gave him the foot after the surgery. He stuck it in his freezer for a few years and then for some reason or another, he put the foot in this barbecue grill.

Long story short and the reason they were on Judge Mathis, was the genius that bought the grill wanted the foot back. He felt that it was rightfully his since he paid for the contents of the storage building. He wanted to put it in a museum and charge people $10 a pop to come in a view this foot. Well, he got some Judge Mathis justice. Judge Mathis ruled in favor of the defendant, the amputee.

You go, Judge Mathis.

No comments: