Friday, November 30, 2007

Mattel Toy Store Outlet - You've Got To Be Kidding Me

I was very brave today. I managed to wrangle my mom into keeping Shorty while I went Christmas shopping for her some presents. My first stop, Mattel Toy Store Outlet in Fort Worth.

First of all, I have never, ever been to this store in my life. I was really looking forward to it. It's been rated one of the best places to buy toys in the DFW area. Why? Are the people that voted on serious medication? I'm inclined to think they are.

I walk into the store and notice there's no carts available - that's a good thing because there was no way in hell I would have been able to maneuver a cart around the buttloads of people who were there shopping.

There was no less than 15 people standing in a single-file line waiting to check out. Their carts were overflowing with toys. This accounted for 60% of the reason of why I decided I needed to turn the hell around, get in my car and drive as fast as I could away from this hellhole. The remaining 40% is due to the fact that their prices were the exact same as Walmart's, if not higher. I bought a TMX Cookie Monster off Walmart.com a couple of months ago. I paid $29.99. They had TMX Cookie Monster for $39.99. That's all it took for me to hightail it out the door. I will never go back there - not in a zillion, trillion years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you from Dallas? If so, then you should probably stay there. If you would come back, they are always having sales. Maybe you were expecting gold wrapped in sparkling tin, but whatever. This store does so much for the community and the local charities, that is unreal. The people who shop their are seasoned, veteran shoppers, and know what a good deal is. Frequent the website for coupons and the calendar of events. www.matteltoystore.com

Half-Redneck said...

No, not from Dallas. It's a good thing because I wouldn't want to stay there. I wasn't expecting gold wrapped in sparkling tin or for people to be doing cartwheels and blowing sparks out their butt or anything, but I was expecting to find some kind of deal. I had a coupon in my hand for 50% off one regular-priced item. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. There are probably good deals to be had there, but I didn't have the patience that day. I guess I'm not a seasoned, veteran shopper. I don't know. But since you said this store does so much for the community and local charities, I'll give it another shot. But if you see me there, please don't hit me with your tote bag.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree redneck. Most of their prices can be beat at walmart. Only thing I find are their weekly specials but if you don't get there early at opening you will find the shelves empty!
I use to find great deals years ago but they have changed thier format and the deals are not so great anymore. The hispanics were loading up with carts and carts of toys to ship to mexico and they finally put a limit on how many to purchase to give others a chance to get on the bargins. But not worth driveing out there except for certain times.

Half-Redneck said...

Thanks, Lady, for agreeing with me. I haven't ventured out there again, but I probably will sometime soon - just to give it another try.

kids toy shopping said...

Such a nice collections/information about toys,here i have got more about different type of toys and gifts for the kids like kids toy shopping, kids building toys, kids building kit, kids toys on line and many more...