Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Wish I Had Been Warned About Yo Gabba Gabba



This is probably horrible for me to say, but why didn't anybody warn me to not ever let my daughter lay eyes on the show Yo Gabba Gabba? What the hell does that mean anyway? It came on yesterday and Maddie was glued to the TV the whole time. I, on the other hand, had my hand glued to the remote, secretly hoping Maddie would turn her head away from the TV and I could "accidentally" turn the channel.

The only way I can explain this show is picture yourself in a really bad nightmare, one where you're in a classroom with a really huge chalkboard and there's a witch standing by that chalkboard who has extremely long, thick fingernails and she is continually scraping those long nails up, down, across, zig-zagging all over that chalkboard.

There must be something about it that Maddie finds fascinating. Maybe it's all the colors or something. I don't know. But I can almost guarantee you that I'll be watching this show again. Why? I don't know.

No comments: