Friday, September 7, 2007

Yo Gabba Gabba! Forgive Me

Yes, yes. I know. I jumped to conclusions when I saw Yo Gabba Gabba! for the very first time the other day. I have DVR'd every episode since then. I have watched all of them probably at least twice. Does that make me weird? Don't answer that, please.

The first show I watched, I thought, What can Maddie possibly learn from this? After watching a few episodes, I realized that, although it's not quite the same teaching style as Mr. Rogers, she is learning from it. She says that Brobee is her favorite. The little green, furry guy whose arms look like they were sewed on backwards.

The cast of characters include Brobee (see above - I thought his name was Robi, like the cordless tools at Home Depot - hell, that's Ryobi, sorry). You've got Foofo, the pink one with the extra large caboose (I can relate, sister). There's Toodee (definitely not Tootie from Facts Of Life). Toodee is the blue cat looking one with the extremely irritating voice. Plex, (I thought his name was Rex - guess my hearing is going bye-bye). He's the yellow robot.

And then there's Muno...aww Muno. Muno reminds me of...well, can I say what Muno reminds me of without offending anyone? Probably not. You could probably purchase a Muno look-alike at Christy's Toy Box or...what's that other place called...something like Adam & Eve? Yes, Muno reminds me of a cyclops female pleasure object. What the hell is wrong with me? Every time Muno comes bouncing onto the screen, I think, Here comes the one-eyed, overzealous dildo. There. I said it. I feel much better now.

No comments: