Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Public Apology...Maybe

I'm really not trying to gloat. That's not in my nature to do so. It takes a strong person to admit when they're wrong. I did it. Now it's MSN Court Reporters Assistance turn. I'm not going to fan the flames any longer. This is the email I received from one of the assistant managers:

"Dear Court Reporter,

After recognizing your misunderstanding of the situation, I can see my initial perception of the situation was incorrect. It was a big mistake to cancel your membership, and I sincerely apologize. I will post a public apology on the forum ASAP after I am able to confer with the other assistant manager. If you want to, feel free to post this on your blog. You are welcome to come back if you want to.
"

For some odd reason, I don't hear the old Journey tune "Open Arms" playing in the background.

Will I be posting my thoughts over there again? Probably not. Do I feel sorry for court reporting students who go to that board seeking advice? Yes, in a way, I do. To all you court reporting students out there, don't be afraid to ask anything. Don't worry if you misspell a word in your question or if you punctuate it wrong. Every single court reporter in the history of man has misspelled a word or punctuated things incorrectly. You don't have to scour your post with a fine-tooth comb. Save your scouring for your back-to-backs. The MSN Court Reporters Assistance Group is a place where every single member should feel comfortable in asking a question regarding court reporting.

Just as a side note, the day this whole debacle started, I told my husband about the whole ordeal. I said, Can you believe they're being so anal? (I hate that word, but I don't know what else to say.) I said, Can you believe they're analyzing every little thing I said? His response was, You ought to live with somebody like that.

No comments: